Medihoney Antibacterial Medical Honey 50 g
Medihoney® Antibacterial Medical Honey is a preparation for topical use on chronic and acute wounds.
Medihoney® Antibacterial Medical Honey contains 100% Medihoney® Antibacterial Honey. Clinical effectiveness has been demonstrated in the following areas:
- Inhibition of bacteria on the wound bed (effective against more than 200 clinical isolates)
- Fast and effective autolytic debridement of coated and necrotic wounds
- Creation of an antibacterial environment
- Rapid odor suppression of foul smelling wounds
- Creation of a moist wound environment that is important for healing, which also reduces pain when changing dressings.
- Deep wounds
- Wounds with fistulous ducts
- Necrotic wounds
- Infected wounds
- Surgical wounds
- Sore smelling wounds
The high osmotic potential of Medihoney® Antibacterial Medical Honey promotes exudate formation.
This flushes bacteria, endotoxins and necrotic tissue from the wound into the wound pad and removes them when the dressing is changed, which is also made easier by this. Furthermore, an antibacterial milieu is formed.
Apply Medihoney® protective cream to the edges of the wound.
Medihoney® Antibacterial Medical Honey can be applied directly to the wound bed.
A suitable dressing material can be soaked in Medihoney® Antibacterial Medical Honey for the care of deep wounds.
Make sure that Medihoney® Antibacterial Medical Honey is in complete contact with the wound bed (approx. 3 mm layer thickness).
A suitable wound dressing for exudate management should be used to cover Medihoney® Antibacterial Medical Honey. The super-absorbent DryMax Extra and Relevo wound dressings, which
absorb excess wound exudate and bacteria and bind as a gel, are particularly recommended .
Medihoney® Antibacterial Medical Honey can be left on the wound for up to 7 days, depending on the wound exudate.