Femibion 2 Pregnancy 2 x 28 capsules (4 weeks usage)
At the beginning of the second trimester, you want to continue to give your baby a healthy start in life¹. The 13th week marks another important growth phase for the baby. Femibion® 2 supports you with:
- Omega-3 fatty acid DHA to support the normal development of the baby's brain¹
- Folic Acid Plus² (a combination of folic acid and Metafolin ®)
- Choline, an essential nutrient with increased requirements during pregnancy³
- Other selected nutrients tailored to your phase of pregnancy: Vitamins B2, B6 and B12 help reduce tiredness and fatigue. Iron and magnesium play a role in cell division and contribute to normal energy metabolism. Vitamin D and zinc contribute to the normal functioning of the immune system.
Femibion® 2 Pregnancy is available in 4 pack sizes: 4 week pack, 8 week pack, 12 week pack and 16 week pack.
FOLIC ACID is a synthetically produced B-vitamin that the body converts into bioactive folate. Folate contributes to normal blood formation, cell division, and maternal tissue growth during pregnancy.* METAFOLIN® is a form of folate that can be directly utilized by the body. CHOLINE contributes to a normal homocysteine metabolism, which is also important during pregnancy. Your choline needs increase during pregnancy. DHA is short for Docosahexaenoic acid. This crucial, polyunsaturated omega-3 fatty acid contributes to the normal development of your fetus's brain and eyes.* IODINE contributes to the normal production of thyroid hormones and normal thyroid function. VITAMIN D AND ZINC contribute to the normal function of the immune system and play a role in cell division. VITAMIN B1, VITAMIN B2, COPPER, AND BIOTIN contribute to a normal energy metabolism and normal nervous system function. VITAMIN B6, VITAMIN B12, NIACIN, AND PANTOTHENIC ACID contribute to the reduction of tiredness and fatigue. VITAMIN C AND SELENIUM contribute to the normal function of the immune system. MAGNESIUM AND IRON contribute to a normal energy metabolism and the reduction of tiredness and fatigue. VITAMIN E helps protect cells from oxidative stress.
Please note that some information is marked with an asterisk (*), indicating additional details or disclaimers in the original text.
¹Maternal intake of DHA (omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acid) contributes to the normal development of the brain and eyes of the fetus and the breastfed infant. The positive effect of DHA occurs when 200 mg of DHA is taken daily in addition to the recommended daily intake of omega-3 fatty acids for adults (i.e. 250 mg DHA and EPA). ²Folic Acid Plus is a combination of folic acid and Metafolin®. Metafolin® is a form of folate that can be used directly by the body. Folate is also needed by the body after the 1st trimester, e.g. B. as a contribution to the growth of maternal tissue (e.g. the placenta). Metafolin® is a registered trademark of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany and is used under license. ³EFSA Journal 2016;14(8):4484;
- Take one tablet and one capsule daily with enough water, preferably with a meal. Do not exceed the recommended daily consumption amount. Dietary supplements are not a substitute for a varied, balanced diet and a healthy lifestyle.